X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karanthes
    • Oct 2005

825 sub between pre and power amp

I have a Primare SPA21 and A30.2 (surround/power) amps. Have anyone tried using a sub in the 800-series between a pre and power amp? The b&w dealer here said it wasn't optimal, but not surprising had no clue how much distortion or degration of the signal in general I might expect. A mail to b&w resulted in a forward to the distributor here. Back to start...

So, has anyone tried this or have some hard facts regarding the 800 subs? Considering the 825 with 803S. Yes, using the LFE channel is best, but I'm also using analog buypass signals, and would like to use the sub for those signals too. Don't have any spare pre-outs for front channel signals.
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

Best thing...try it and determine how much degradation in sound there is!

Or you could also use Y-plugs to distribue the signal from the pre to the power and sub inputs.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"