Possible Cause for Hisssing and Buzzing Found.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Possible Cause for Hisssing and Buzzing Found.

Let me first just say while I found the problem I dont know the real reason. I had never had any hiss or buzz problems from my RSX 1067 in the passed. The only sound I got was a very slight hiss if I had the volume turned up to max with no source. Basically it was not an issue with me. Last night all of a sudden that changed. Out of the blue I got a metalic hiss which to me sounded like what a dog must hear when a dog wistle is blown. It was horribile.

Below you will see what I have in my current set up and where its all plugged into which all runs off a single breaker (15). As it turns out it was ulitimately a power issue Because the ONLY thinng that changed in my system that day was adding a printer to the mix. Even with the printer turned off I still got the buzz (I assume some power is still used), but when i unplugged it the noise immediatly went away.

Plugged into the Belin Pure AV FP 30:

RSX 1067
    RDV 1060
    iScan HD
    XBOX 360
    Cable Box
    42' Plasma

Comming from the same socket as the FP 30 this PF 30L had the following. The only other thing running off the breaker was my PV1 Sub on a seperate outlet.

MAC Mini
    20" Mac LCD
    12 volt fan x2 running for RSX 1067
    RF Remote repeater
    Wireless Modem

The instant I added the print (even when turned off) the hiss/buzz started. It apears that in my case it was cause by a lack of or faulty power.

I plan on buying a Power Conditioner that lets me digitally see how much power is being used for each outlet to do a little experiment. Anyone know if the new rotel power conditioner will have this option?

The moral is if you have a hiss or buzz it COULD be that to much is running off one breaker in your house. Have a look,
  • Club1820
    • Jan 2006

yes, I also had a buzz with my 1068 & 1095. It was driving me nuts. Not a buzz coming out of the speakers. But a buzz from the 1068! Disconnected, reconnected everything. no luck. opened up the outlets and made sure they were grounded. No luck. Connected the 1068 to other outlets, even took it out to the damm garage! Still buzzed!

Lo and behold, we just bought a new humidifier for the bedroom. What made me think of this and try it?, I dont know. But I turned the humidifier off AND...no more buzz!! AND, the 1068 only buzzes when the humidifier is on low. So now we run it on high all the time and I have to refill it every day! small price to pay to keep my 1068 from buzzing!!! :T
    Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"