X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Axioom
    • Feb 2006

RA-930- Left Channel Problem; Advice Needed

Good evening.(In my time zone anyway)

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Rotel RA 930AX Amplifier.

When I connect my left speaker to the left channel in both the direct and remote binding posts, I get no sound, except when I turn it up near to the max, where it is very distorted and crackly.

However, it is not a problem with my speakers, as I connected both them to the right direct and remote channels. However, with loads of my albums requiring you to have both channels functioning to hear the sound, it's rather irksome to have two right channel speakers.

Will it be a prroblem with dirt and dust in the amp? Should I buy some cans of contact cleaner and compressed air to alleviate the problem? If not, then what will fix this problem.

Thanks In Advance.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

What sources do you have connected? If just a turntable, try switching the input cables around.

The sound only at a very high output could be a channel in the phono input blown, or feedback from the right input. Test the unit again with only the left INPUT plugged in, just to rule out ground feedback from it.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"