Rotel 1075 & 1068 sounds terrible! Defect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony
    • Jun 2004

Rotel 1075 & 1068 sounds terrible! Defect?

Hi!

I have a big problem. My Rotel 1075 & 1068 plays cruelly. The sound is too thin, without middles. No Dynamic. It sounds like from an old radio. No matter whether in stereo or home cinema. Everything sounds so hard. I changed the Speakers, before Sonus Faber, now Monitor Audio. Twice are "warm" speakers but they played cold and cruelly.

I have checked everything in the Menu. Small, Large.... ..but it didn´t sound.

Know someone this Prolbem?

Regards Tony
  • Elvis
    • Jan 2005

The first thing you want to do is eliminate the chance of connection or set up error.I would check all connections,then try different sources,then try the 7.1 analog inputs(multi).If none of that changes things I would try a reset to defaults in default settings.After reset I would set everything up again and try it.Its a start,I'm sure others will have some advise.

Comment

• sprout
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Elvis
      The first thing you want to do is eliminate the chance of connection or set up error.I would check all connections,then try different sources,then try the 7.1 analog inputs(multi).If none of that changes things I would try a reset to defaults in default settings.After reset I would set everything up again and try it.Its a start,I'm sure others will have some advise.
      Assuming not faulty equipment, I would suggest "phase"

Comment

• Jonas78
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sprout
        Assuming not faulty equipment, I would suggest "phase"
        phase ?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Having one or more of the speaker wires backwards.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Jonas78
            • Aug 2005

Tony did you figure this one out or what happend?

Comment

• Tony
              • Jun 2004

Yes, we figured it out. It was the 1075. We checked it to an Arcam 3 Channel amplifier and the Sound was great. The 1075 hasn´t a defect. It sounds on my boxes so unmusical.

We checked the 1068, too. We checked it versus the new Arcam Surround Preamp/Processor. The Arcam sounds in my ears a little bit better but it costs much more, too. The 1068 is a really masterpiece. Respect, how good the 1068 sounds.

Comment

• bleeding ears
                • Nov 2004

By most reports the 1075 amp does a great job with music or ht.

What speakers are you using?

Comment

• Martinf
                  • Oct 2003

Tony, From what you say, you must have a defect. Maybe you blew some output devices and consequently it ain't "firing on all cylinders" so to speak. Did you get it new or second-hand? And/or did you try a replacement -1075 unit to compare, and which was set up by somebody technically competent?

b.t.w. I've read some other posts of yours, and you do seem to be experiencing a surprising number of technical difficulties with your equipment.

FWIW, my -1075 is definitely NOT hard or cold sounding. If anything, it's on the "warm" side and with a solid bass, full mid-range and clear & extended top-end. I do leave it switched on for an hour before playing it, so eveything gets up to operating temperature.
                  I'll be back!

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Yeah I find it hard to beleive that you could be THAT displeased with a properly working 1075. Could you give something else the edge, sure, but they things your describing sounds like something's not functioning properly not a mere matter of preference.
                    Jason

Comment

• jorgjean
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Tony
                      Hi!

I have a big problem. My Rotel 1075 & 1068 plays cruelly. The sound is too thin, without middles. No Dynamic. It sounds like from an old radio. No matter whether in stereo or home cinema. Everything sounds so hard. I changed the Speakers, before Sonus Faber, now Monitor Audio. Twice are "warm" speakers but they played cold and cruelly.

I have checked everything in the Menu. Small, Large.... ..but it didn´t sound.

Know someone this Prolbem?

Regards Tony
                      I had a RMB-1075 teamed up with ARCAM DVP700 Processor and KEF XQ5. I was not really satisfied. The system lacked the ultimate kick. I was constantly increasing volumes to get some excitement. I thought it would be the Processor or the KEF's. I decided to change the RMB-1075 to go for separate power amplifiers right behind the boxes. I bought an ARCAM P90 and operated it simutaneously with the RMB-1075 on the other side. The verdict: The RMB-1075 has more details and depth in the soundstage but is lacking the lower end kick. I agree, it sounds a bit thin, though musical. The ARCAM sounds warmer: deeper bass, more drive. But it is not as clear. I personally prefer the Arcam sound and hope the trebles are still improving in the run-in period.

It is a matter of taste. Is there an amp in the same price category that has the qualities of both, the Rotel and the Arcam?

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"