X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyL
    • Dec 2003

enabling multi input on the 1098

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Searched the forum with no luck. I just purchased a universal dvd player (Denon dvd-2900) and was wondering how I set up the 1098 to play sacds. I'm guessing i set one of the inputs up for analog and bypass??? and use the bass management settings of the denon.??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

TonyL
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Tony you'll need to connect 6 analog RCA interconnects from the Denon 2900's multichannel outs to the multichannel input on the Rotel (top lefthand corner) You then set the bass management in the Denon as required and select the multichannel input as the input on the Rotel and you should hear SACD.

Comment

• TonyL
      • Dec 2003

Thanks for the quick reply. I connected the cables from the Denon to the 1098 as you suggested. But when I go to the input screen on the 1098 the only choice I get for input is analog, optical, or coaxial. there is no multi input selection. I tried analog but get no sound. Am I in the wrong place??

Not sure what I'm doing wrong :cry:

Comment

• TonyL
        • Dec 2003

OK, dummy me!!! I figured it out. Thanks. Guess it helps to look in the manual too!!

Just one other question. When I want to select the mult input to listen to is there a way to assign a button on the remote or do I just have to access it from the menu screen. I know I can do it from the function knob on the 1098, but would prefer not doing that. Thanks again.

Comment

• skipm
          • Jun 2003

Tony-

Press the Path button on the 1098 and rotate the function knob until you reach the mult inputi. It's also a button on your remote but since I don't use that remote I forget where it is.

-Skip

Comment

• skipm
            • Jun 2003

Tony-

It's the "EXT" button, top right hand corner, next to "TAPE".

-Skip

Comment

• TonyL
              • Dec 2003

Thanks. That did it!!!

Tony L

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"