X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elvis
    • Jan 2005

HEY...ROTEL howz about some REAL QC

I just purchased a new 1068 in the factory sealed box.As soon as I pull it out of the box I noticed the plastic film that covers the display was half removed.This film had a 1/2" in gash that went through the film and into the display.Its very obvious that someone looked at the gash and thought they would pull back the film and look to see if the display was also gouged.Evidently they concluded it was not bad enough to warrant any further attention and stuck it back in the box.If the unit just had a gash in the plastic it could be explained as an oversite.Since it was pulled back just past that point and had finger prints on the display its obvious it was noticed but someone decided it was O.K. to them.Rotel makes great sounding products,really, but QC has to mean Quality Checked and APPROVED.

My dealer which is a stand up guy said they'll order a new unit but I hope it don't cost them for ROTEL's poor QC. Just a note that this box had a green sticker and a QC stamp so QC ain't what it should be.Maybe they need TWO QC stickers.
    Last edited by Elvis; 15 February 2006, 14:51 Wednesday.
  • SQconstable
    • Mar 2005

My 1068's had worse problems..

I just got a replacement 1068 today that wouldn't even power up in front of the dealer.

This is now 6 total faulty units I've been through. Maybe I need to go to church?

Although your issue is absurd, I'd trade my whole ordeal for your cosmetic damage any day.

Comment

• Elvis
      • Jan 2005

SQ,I've been following your trials and tribulations.I'll let you know if my new 1068 has any functional issues.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"