X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Rotel hiss - anyone esle?

I have a Rotel RC-1070 pre, RB-1070 amp, RCC-1055 changer & B&W 804N speakers and ASW800 sub. I can hear an audible hiss from my 804N tweeters when ther is no source playing. If I turn the pre off the hiss is gone. Any ideas how to get rid of the hiss? Would upgrading to the RC-1090 pre eliminate the hiss?
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

BUMP - any Rotel-o-phytes? ;x(

Comment

• Rod S
      • Mar 2005

RC-1090 Still hisses

Miner,

I have the RC-1090 and RB-1080 with RCD-1072 and get some hiss. I do have to turn the volume to around 10 'o clock before the hiss becomes really noticeable but even then I have to be within 2 feet or so of the speaker to hear it. Speakers are 603 S3’s.
      I'm not using any power conditioners and the power leads are the originals

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hiss is the combined amount of 'noise' being generated by every piece of equipment in the signal path.

If you're hearing this with the volume control completely turned up and your ear stuck in the tweeter then learn to live with it.

If this is audible at the listening position with the volume control at a normal listening level, then it's probably time to diagnose the problem. If it changes with different inputs then consider those sources that cause the highest level (it doesn't matter if the source is playing anything, it's a function of that piece being on and being selected by the processor as the source). If the noise stays the same with any source then it's probably the processor.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"