X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Paquette
    • Jan 2003

1066 front panel display

I've had my RSP1066 for a little over 1 year now and just today I decided to jump into the world of DVD-A. When I'm playing a DVD-A disc shouldn't the front panel display of my 1066 show something other than 48kHz?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

As long as you used 6 analog RCA cables from your DVD player to the 1066 and you switched on the Multi-Input, you're fine. When using the multi-input, the 1066 has no idea what frequency it is. If the digital cable is hooked up as well, it will scroll the frequency of the Dolby-Digital signal across the screen even if Multi-input is selected.

Now if you don't have the 6 analog cables hooked up, you haven't enjoyed DVD-Audio yet.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Mark Paquette
      • Jan 2003

Thanks Kevin. I am using 6 analog cables and I selected mutil-input. So I guess I'm all set. I definitely do hear a difference between the multi-input and the digital input when playing DVD-A material. When listening through the multi-input everything sounds much more detailed. I'm off to enjoy!

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I've also notice that if I switch from say my DVD input which defaults to DPL II (unless it receives a DD/DTS signal) to the multi-channel input, the front panel still shows the DPL II icons even though it's not doing any DPL II. So don't worry if you see something like that either

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Ron Reda
          • Jan 2003

Funny, but I never set the multi-input selector to "Yes" in the menu and it works anyway when I set the input to "multi".

Comment

• Mark Paquette
            • Jan 2003

Well so far I'm pretty blown away. I can't beleive I waited a year to pick up some DVD-A material. I have Frank Sinatra - Live At The Sands, Yes - Fragile and REM - Document. I've listened to Fragile and Document a million times on regular CD, but after only 1 listen on DVD-A I heard stuff that I never knew was there. 2 thumbs way up!!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"