X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chippa
    • Feb 2006

New Aussie member...

Walked into hifi shop looking for a Denon AVR, walked out the owner of a 1098 / 1075 combination. Its being used with a Mission Elegante speaker system & Sony Bravia LCD.

I was really looking at the network music streaming features of the Denons and to a lesser extent the HDMI upscaling features. However having listened to various combinations of Denon, Nad & Rotel - it was the sound that was the deciding factor. If I didn't do it then I would always be wondering and I couldn't wait for a year for next gen processor.

Looking into the crystal ball:
    * next generation 1098 to have network connection
    * media centre PCs to have better HDMI/DVI connections hence HDMI switching not needed as the video source will be the PC for most things
    * firmware upgrade to existing 1098 to play Dolby HD sound formats
    * my Sony Bravia won't work with new HDMI standards anyway
    * i'll have Star Wars Triloggy in 3 formats

Many thanks to posters in this forum for the tips/advice which have and will be invaluable.

The downside is I had to cancel the house painter and do it myself to help pay for it. Its a zero sum game.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Wooo hooo... nice pickup!

I agree, after hearing everything in my price range I really liked the sound of the 1098 and 1095/1080 combo for my 7.1. I agree it does stink that the Rotel doesn't have all the features of the other brands, but when you hear it... well...that's really all that matters I think! I'm figuring the upgraded stuff, I'll either upgrade the units at some point or end up having a really nice HTPC that will do a lot of what I need...so I might still be able to make use of the 1098. But if not, I know I'll get a decent return on it as it is a serious investment!

Congrats!!! Give it a little bit of time at home and you will notice that both the pre and amp get better after they've been in use (be it so called "burn-in" or your ears adapting to it). You'll definitely enjoy it!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"