X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Club1820
    • Jan 2006

Component Video Thru 1068 First?

Hello, I was about to set up my home theatre and was wondering if I should first send video signal from the dvd to the 1068 and then on to the tv? Or should I just send the video signal directly to the tv?

Also, what role does the monitor out play on the 1068? Is this just used for the setup screen or is video also sent from this connection to the tv?

thanks in advance for your replies.
    Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's really depends. If you want the Rotel to handle all of your video switching, run it to the 1068 first. If you want to have to change inputs on your TV and your 1068 anytime you switch sources, run it to the TV.

The monitor out is what goes to your TV. This supplies the sources video and gives you the ability to disply the OSD on top of the video. The other outputs are designed to go to recording devices.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Club1820
      • Jan 2006

Thanks Kevin. Still a little bit confused about the monitor out connection. So does this mean that if I have a component video connection from the dvd player to the 1068, and then the monitor out (s-video I believe) to the tv, I would then be able to see the video from the dvd?

I believe that is correct. ? But wouldnt this degrade the quality of the video signal from a component video connection (dvd to 1068) to a S-Video connection (1068 to tv)?

Thanks again.
      Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

No you want to hook up the component video monitor out. Each type of input has it's own monitor out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Club1820
          • Jan 2006

Oh. I had not looked that extensively at the back of the 1068 just yet. I did not realize that there was also a component monitor out. Would this component monitor 'out' then be for all three component 'in' connections to the 1068? I guess this would solve the problem.

As always, thanks Kevin!

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

You got it!

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"