X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

"Stereo/MPEG" vs "Music" in RSX 1067 sub setup

Can someone please let me know what the difference is between these to in the sub set up?

Thanks
  • Marcel B
    • Nov 2004

Music is all music formats (dolby, dts, 5ch etc)

Stereo is for 2ch

Marcel B

Comment

• bleeding ears
      • Nov 2004

Not sure if your menu and functions are exactly the same but on my rsp 1068
      the subwoofer "Music" setting is only for the modes, Music 1, 2, 3 and 4.

When listening to "Stereo" I use the Stereo/mpeg setting to adjust the subwoofer levels.

You can download a user manual on Rotels website if needed.

Pete

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Marcel B
        Music is all music formats (dolby, dts, 5ch etc)

Stereo is for 2ch

Marcel B
        i tried this and changing the "music" has no effect on 5 channel. Also since there is a seperate adjustment for both dlby and dts i dnt see why they would need a third.

Comment

• bleeding ears
          • Nov 2004

Yes thats right DD and DTS have their own settings .

Not sure about 5 or 7 channel stereo or neo 6 but the setting for them is most likely included under stereo/mpeg.

I will give it a try myself and see.

Hopefully someone else can help here.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by bleeding ears
            Yes thats right DD and DTS have their own settings .

Not sure about 5 or 7 channel stereo or neo 6 but the setting for them is most likely included under stereo/mpeg.

I will give it a try myself and see.

Hopefully someone else can help here.

you are right on both points...but that doesnt explain the "music" sud setting.

Im trying to figure out why the sub automatically turns up when i switch from 2 channel to 5 channel

Comment

• Bluespower
              • Sep 2005

I agonized over that for a while to trying to do an experiment using digital vs analog inputs from my CD (RCD-971). I found the only way I could incorporate the sub for stereo (2.1) was to make sure the front speakers were defined as small (RSP-1068).

For what it is worth, I far prefer the analog setting with the front speakers (DM-603s) funning full range.
              Bluespower

Comment

• grit
                • Jan 2005

Blues, I have the same opinion.

For those that don't know, the amp converts the analog signal to digital to process the sound, such as re-routing low frequencies to the sub. I really wish there was an option to send channels (full range even) to the subwoofer, or to have a duplicate signal sent to the processor for sub.

Anyway, it was suggested to me (but I've never tried) to try running the analog 2-ch input through the 5.1 analog inputs in the back, and then using the amp to pass that signal to the sub output (one of the only settings for 5.1 analog input). This MAY result in what we're looking for, since no digital processing of an analog 5.1 input is SUPPOSE to be done (since the player should have decoded the signal).

This will be a make/break feature on my next pre-pro purchase.

Comment

• spinners
                  • Feb 2006

Grit,

If your sub has a hi-level connection you don't even need to bother with
                  .1 in stereo. Then your sub will get the same bass as your fronts, and then
                  you could finetune the volume of your sub. For that you would need a REL or
                  a MJ acoustics sub. Don't know if you have this kind of connection tough.
                  RSX1056, RB1070, RDV1050, RCD 1072, Dali IKON 2, 2x REL Quake II

Comment

• grit
                    • Jan 2005

Good point Spinners. In my case, I've got the sub hooked up to a sub output for 5.1 as well (for movies). The problem I get there is that when I'm watching a movie, I get input from the hi-level input as well as the sub input (a fault of the pre-pro).

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"