X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMG
    • Oct 2004

RSX-1056 Stereo Listening . . .

Been wanting to post this question for a while but never got around to it. Anyway, have any of you noticed a rather SIGNIFICANT difference in mid and high frequency detail when switching between stereo and bypass modes?

I find that bypass is MUCH "cleaner", with way more detail in the mids and highs, that stereo. The one benefit to stereo is that it allows me to use the sub for 2 channel. This is good for some types of music and not so much for others.

Am I crazy or is the difference that pronounced?
  • Gianluca
    • Oct 2008

Would like to chime in but it seems I can't go to bypass mode from a digital source.

EDIT: I tried it in Tuner mode and now can get the bypass mode, but heard no difference. Maybe your contour settings make a difference.

Gianluca
    Last edited by Gianluca; 08 November 2008, 19:30 Saturday.
    Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• NMG
      • Oct 2004

Hey Gianluca, thanks for the response.

I checked out my contour settings and they were flat, yet I was still noticing the issue. After playing around a little, I realized that I had the Cinema EQ engaged, which does dull down the HF's. I turned it off and voila, everything sounds much better.

I didn't think that the Cinema EQ would impact Stereo (I thought it only came into play during 5 channel) and I never really noticed any dull highs while watching movies, so I didn't clue into that being the problem. In any event, my obvious recommendation is to make sure that Cinema EQ is not engaged, LOL

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"