X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tamas
    • Jan 2006

Rotel vs Parasound vs Anthem

Hello, my name is Tom. I am a long time listener, first time caller. I have Arcam AVP700 pre/pro and Linn Ninka mains, Linn AV5120 cc and Linn Trikan surrounds. I am lookinf for an amp that will be warm and clean.

I have the amps narrowed to the Rotel RMB 1075, Anthem MCA50 or Parasound Halo A52. Price wise Rotel is the elast expensive and the Parasound is the most expensive. Unfortunately an in home demo is not an option.

I am looking for feedback, perhaps comparisons and thoughts about the merits of each amp.

Thank you for your input.

Regards, Tom
  • deke
    • Dec 2005

Rotel vs. Anthem

I've auditioned a bunch of Anthem gear (w/ Paradigm Studio 100s) and own Rotel. My impression is that the sound on the Anthems is much brighter - in fact I find it fatiguing.

Of course, that's personal preference.

Comment

• pembroke
      • Jun 2005

Tom, I've had a Rotel 1095, Bryston 4BSST and Anthem P5 all together at the same time - and prefer them in order with the Anthem first and Rotel least, but this is in my system. The caveat is that the choice is system critical, and I would not recommed buying anything unless you hear it in your home with your other components.
      If you're unable to get demo equipment one option is to buy on Audiogon or ebay, if you don't like it you can always sell again - I did this and it worked out fine.
      Good luck.

Comment

• mitch57
        • Nov 2004

Tom,

For what's it's worth I owned a Rotel RMB-1095 and now own the Parasound Halo A51. I prefer the Parasound but I know others might prefer the Rotel or the Anthem.

Now you have 3 different opinions to choose from.
        Mitch
        :stupidpc:

Comment

• Ossi
          • Jul 2003

While I own a Rotel RSP 1098, my amps are all Parasound amps. I just prefer the Parasound sound that I would decribe to be typically American, a touch on the warm side. The combination of Rotel as Pre/pro with these amps is just all I could possibly want for a reasonable price. I see no reason to make any change any time soon.

Comment

• cuda65
            • Feb 2005

I like the Anthem with my Paradigm speakers. As was said above. I would check around for someone who will let you audition the units. Or see if they will let you return if you don't like it. Everyones tastes are different. Good luck in your search.
            Doug

Comment

• Tamas
              • Jan 2006

Thank you for the responses. I would have thought the Rotel would have a warm sound, perhaps comparable to the Parasound. For what its worth, the reviews on the Anthem all say it is detailed but lean in the bass, perhaps leading to a thinner sound?!

I had Paradigm speakers and various Denon rcvr's including the 4802 - I found the sound good but eventually came to the conclusion that although it was detailed - it was missing that lush lower mid range - hence the latest up grade path. I have tried the Anthem AVM30 pre/pro before the Arcam - but found the sound not quite what I was looking/hoping for.

Regards, Tom

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"