X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deano
    • Aug 2004

Rotel/ parasound

I am thinking about the rotel 1068 & 1095 combo. I would prefer parasound A51 and C2 halo for the right $$$. can anyone be able to recommend a good place to enquire for these products in th USA for export to Australia. Is it worth the extra dollars for the Parasound gear? your thoughts please?

I just want bto minimise my upgrades in the future, you believe that don't you?

Deano

Ps Doug from Catcables is a legend,looking after his customers. Look forward to reviewing his Kingcats and Silver magic Coax, and speaker cables.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Deano,

The Parasound range is imported into Australia. Carlton Audio Visual and Pymble Hi Fi both have them... Though they are expensive (e.g. list on the C2 is $10,999 Aussie (can get for $9,000 by asking). This compare to list of $2,399 for the 1068 and some people have bought them for under $2,000...

If you do import you will need to deal with the 110 / 60 Hz USA power vs. 240 / 50 Hz Aussie power. This is easy for some devices and much harder for others... You will also have no local warrantee.

If you want more opinions / low cost reseller options have a look in Club Parasound in HT Guide. There are a number of older threads comparing the two (like THIS ONEand (separately) offering contacts for cost effective Parasound purchase in the USA.

My (very net summary) is the general consensus is that the Parasound amps sound significantly better than the Rotels (especially the John Curl ones), while the processors are more marginally better (though opinions vary)... I've heard the Parasound Amps (stocked in Perth) and liked them a lot - but I haven't heard the C1 / C2....

Geoff

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"