Possible reasons why the Protection lights came on in the front of the RMB-1095 and stayed on?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Possible reasons why the Protection lights came on in the front of the RMB-1095 and stayed on?

After I finished watching a movie I forgot to shut off the stereo system and TV. I went out of the house for about 2 hours. When I came back I decided to watch another movie. As I walked up to the RMB-1095, I noticed all 5 of the protection circuit lights on the front panel were on and were staying on. I turned the AMP off and then right back on right away. No more circuit lights! I immediatly inserted a DVD and watched X-MEN 2 with no problems since then. What were the possible reasons for the lights to come on and stay on while I was away?
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

1. Where is the amp housed? Maybe not enough room to breath?
    2. Any cats in the house that may get in the back area of HT?
    3. Loose wire in speaker cables causing short?
    4. Possible power spike while away?
    5. Faulty amp?

The amp does consume 190w when Idle if not using the 12v trigger. If you have it housed in a tight area it maybe over heating. Need atleast 4' on all sides.

ht_addict

Comment

• BKSinAZ
      • Feb 2003

Thanks.
      I am in Tucson, AZ and the power spikes are horrific here. So that might be it.
      I have no cats and the unit is not housed in a closed it case.
      I will check for loose speak wire as well.

Thanks for the advice.

PS, no hum as of yet..just wonderful music and theater

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"