X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

RB 1080 Protection light

I just got my 1080 back today after an extended stay at the Rotel hospital. It seems to work great. One thing scares me though, when I power it up the red protection light stays on for about 15 to 20 seconds. I swapped speakers and cables with a pair of bookshelves just to be sure it wasn't anything about the connections or loads; still behaves the same. My 1075 and 1050 keep the protection lights on for a second or two on powerup. When I connect the speakers and cables normally attached to the 1080 , they still only light for a second or two. I think I have successfully eliminated downstream equipment as an issue.

I don't remember the 1080 being that way before it blew. Pardon me for seeming paranoid, but after the 1080 being out for repair for 7 weeks, anything unusual about it freaks me out.
    Last edited by DrJRapp; 26 January 2005, 23:48 Wednesday.
    Jerry Rappaport
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Jerry,

The protection lights on my RB-1080 are on for approximately 2 seconds via the 12V trigger, when the RSP-1098 is powered on. I certainly don't think that's normal behavior, but hopefully it is a result of the modification.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Mitchell
      • Sep 2004

My protection light goes on for under 5 seconds for sure each time it is powered up.
      Mitchell

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

That seems kinda long to me as well.

Comment

• ds22030
          • Sep 2004

Jerry, I just timed mine for you. 5 seconds when turned on, and about 7 seconds fading when turned off....good luck..
          Daniel

Comment

• JDH
            • Sep 2004

Jerry,

My RB-1080 protection led comes on breifly (say 2sec) when powering down via the 12V trigger.
            Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Mark_C.
              • Jan 2003

I'd be on the phone to the dealer right away.

Comment

• PewterTA
                • Nov 2004

5 seconds here for 12v trigger and 6 seconds for when you use the power button (12v turned off). For both my 1080 and 1095.
                Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                -Dan

Comment

• Asterduc
                  • Dec 2004

It looks like there is quite a difference between those units.
                  Mine goes on in 2 seconds and off in less than 2 sec.
                  Reading the measurements below (2 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec) seems to be strange to me, unless there is a difference between Imperial seconds and Metric second :-)

Anyway, Belgium 2 seconds!

Comment

• DanR
                    • Dec 2004

It sounds like trickle current to the LED. I don't know if that is a problem or not.
                    :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• NMG
                      • Oct 2004

Certainly not 15 seconds on mine . . . going from memory, I'd hazard a guess that I'm in the 4-5 second club as well

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"