X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommy220
    • Jan 2004

Bug on rsp1066

Are ther many bugs on tha RSP 1066?. I can get my hands on this for a cheap price, so what shall i look when i by it used?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Try to make sure it's a version 2 to make sure you don't get one of the early production video boards that don't have enough bandwidth to properly pass HDTV and soften the video signal. You can do this by holding the mute button for a few seconds and the firmware version will show up on the display. If it's version 2.xxx you're okay, if it's version 1.xxx you'll then have to do some homework to find out if it had the video board replaced.

If the "bass-doubling" problem is an issue with you, you'll have to find out if the fix has been done. If not you can always do it yourself or send it in to Rotel to do.

Other than that you should be okay Small things like the newer version of the remote or if it has the firmware cable included is the only other things I can think of.

Enjoy

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Tommy220
      • Jan 2004

I think it`s version 1. because he had the 1.5 software. I am only going to use it for ht-sound and music. Is it then good deal to bay a used RSP 1066?

Comment

• spiffnme
        • Apr 2003

Depends on the price you'll be paying. I wouldn't pay over $1000 for a used 1066 now, as they'll be a flood of 1066's hitting the used market now that the new model has been announced.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
        All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"