Turns out that they did not sell me a dead AMP. Just got a call from them today.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Turns out that they did not sell me a dead AMP. Just got a call from them today.....

Turns out that they did not sell me a dead RMB-1095 AMP. Just got a call from them today. They stated that the 12 volt toggle switch was in the wrong position.

My question.......with out a 12 volt line in the amp not work in which position ? What about with a 12 volt line in? I am confused.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

If the 12v trigger is set to on it's expecting a signal at it's 12v trigger to turn the amp on. If it does not receive a signal it will sit there like a very expensive paper weight

If the 12v trigger is set to off it will turn on when you turn it on

I believe if you have the 12v trigger on and connected properly the light on the front stays on even if it's off. Then when it receives a signal you'll hear it clicking on.

Hope that helps.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by aud19
      If the 12v trigger is set to on it's expecting a signal at it's 12v trigger to turn the amp on. If it does not receive a signal it will sit there like a very expensive paper weight

If the 12v trigger is set to off it will turn on when you turn it on

I believe if you have the 12v trigger on and connected properly the light on the front stays on even if it's off. Then when it receives a signal you'll hear it clicking on.

Hope that helps.

Jason
      Taking a look at the back panel drawing of your receiver I do not see a 12v trigger output so leave the 12v switch on the amp in the down position. This means you turn the amp on and off via the power button. If you ever upgrade your receiver to something that has a 12v output(eg Yamaha RX-V1400)you would get the appropriate 3.5mm cable to connect the receivers 12v out to the amps 12v in. You would flick the 12v trigger switch on the back of the amp to on(up). Push the front power button and and leave it in this position. Now evertime the receiver turned on the amp would turn on. What this does for you is allow the amp to stay on and idle while consuming only 3watts. Leaving the amp on without the 12v trigger consumes 190w

Now if you want to use the 12v trigger on the amp goto Radioshack and get one of these plug it into the back of the receiver(switched outlet) and the other end into the amp(make sure polarity is correct). Flick the 12v switch and the power switch on. Now when the receiver turns on so does the amp. I did this with my Rotel RMB-1066 when I had it.

ht_addict

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"