X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ecthelion
    • Jan 2006

rb 1080 or rb 1090???

Ok guys i've been reading your opinions for quite a while and i need a finale answer which one ??my room is pretty big, speakers RF'7??i listen to all kind of music ??and maybe another importent question which pre amp i know rc 1090 would be great choice but like kevin d.is keep saying its discoutineud in us,i found it on a few internet sites but iam not sure if i shoul order it like that i want to listen to it first!diffrent brand its an option?! thank you
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I almost jumped on a 'new' RC-1090 + RB-1080 for $1800 from my dealer - I had to force myself not to buy. If my shelf could handel teh wt. of the RB-1090 I would have gotten that.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

RB-1090 hands down. Unless you want something better like the RB-1092 or 2 1091s!!!!
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Kobus
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
        RB-1090 hands down. Unless you want something better like the RB-1092 or 2 1091s!!!!
        And are we not all hoping that it would be better.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Well a 500 watt (for whatever that really means with switching amps) vs. a 200 or 300watt amp. Newer technology...more expensive...lets hope they sound better!

That's the only thing keeping me from bringing them in my home, not knowing what they are going to sound like.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• ecthelion
            • Jan 2006

ok so rb 1090 it is !!!!!!!!but which pre amp ?

Comment

• miner
              • Mar 2005

There is nothing wrong with the RC-1070 - great phono stage on it. Also, very clean looking. I can't justify the extra $700 for the RC-1090 IF you can find one.

Comment

• Joey_V
                • Jul 2005

Where can you still find the RB1090? I'm on the lookout for one. Thanks.
                Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• ecthelion
                  • Jan 2006

THe LittleGuys south of chicago they carry rotel's stuff i have to still make a phone call and make sure they can get rb 1090 for me i hope they can if not ill be very mad hahahah and have to find another way....good luck with your search

Comment

• Joey_V
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ecthelion
                    THe LittleGuys south of chicago they carry rotel's stuff i have to still make a phone call and make sure they can get rb 1090 for me i hope they can if not ill be very mad hahahah and have to find another way....good luck with your search
                    I'm in chicago too!

Hey, let me know if they have any and how much... I'd be interested in grabbing one after you get yours.

Joey
                    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• ecthelion
                      • Jan 2006

ill let you know as soon as i got something

Comment

• Joey_V
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ecthelion
                        ill let you know as soon as i got something
                        Cool... thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"