X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickfaldo
    • Apr 2003

Rotel Pioneer problem

Am having a problem with the bass when using the Rotel RSP 1066 sub output, there is no signal to my subwoofer. When I change the sub out cable to my Pioneer 563 dvd player, the sub works fine. This only happens when using multi input, for 5.1 music or 5.1 videos. Everything else works fine, just the anlalog multi is the problem. I have changed cables, so that rules a faulty cable out. The set up in both components appears to be fine. Any ideas?
  • rotel_klipsch
    • Nov 2003

I had the same problem until I noticed I plugged the sub-out from the 563 to the rear center back surrounds...duh.... so make sure the cables are in the right spot.. I know sounds dumb but easy to do, especially if you don't have a great access to the 1066 back panel....
    also if connected right what are your settings on the 1066 for the multi in and subwoofer output (in db's) and the crossover setting...

Get the most BANG for your BUCK

Comment

• rotel_klipsch
      • Nov 2003

I had the same problem until I noticed I plugged the sub-out from the 563 to the rear center back surrounds...duh.... so make sure the cables are in the right spot.. I know sounds dumb but easy to do, especially if you don't have a great access to the 1066 back panel....
      also if connected right what are your settings on the 1066 for the multi in and subwoofer output (in db's) and the crossover setting...

Comment

• dpmckenzie
        • Aug 2003

I had a similar problem (if I understand yours correctly) where my left/front analog input on my 1066 was not working properly. Any signal through that input was output at about 10db less than the other channels. At first, I thought my DVD-A player was the problem, but it was the 1066. I vaguely remember someone else having a problem with one analog input on the 5.1 inputs of their 1066.

My 1066 was new when I found the problem and my dealer switched it out same day. New one has worked wonderfully.

Good luck.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Ditto, Double check your connections and the sub level settings in the 1066 if those don't fix the problem take it back to your dealer see if you can re-create the problem there. If you can, most likely he'll need to exchange it for ya.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

• rcchap
            • Jan 2004

rick, first of all i do not own any rotel, just in here to learn before i buy. looking at 1068/1075. i do have a denon 2200 and had problems with sub output also. i have to have the bass enhancer set to on to get any signal. even with the filter set to off for dts, which supposedly increases sub output on sacd's by 15 db i get no sub unless i turn the bass enhancer setting to on. the bass enhancer is for sending audio signals to sub in two channel audio. i have to use it for multi channel and two channel. it doesn't make alot of sense to me but i'm a little new to all this. hopefully this applies to your denon and helps.
            chris

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Rick,

Check out the replies to rcchap's thread here:

Hopefully the replies will help both of you

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"