X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keiron99
    • Mar 2004

RSP 1066 - multi input

I've searched and searched but can't find the answer to this question. If I attached a multi channel input (say, an SACD player) to the RSP1066, i know it bypasses most of the processing, but will the volume control still operate?

Whilst I have your attention, if I may, the Rotel FAQ states that the Zone 2 output only operates with analogue sources. Why is that? Why can't it just output any source? That severely limits the usefulness of this feature - especially considering most sources are digital!
  • Mark
    • Feb 2004

yes, the volume control will operate for sure. i have a denon 2900 dvd/sacd/dvd audio player connected to the multi input of a 1066 and am enjoying it very much.

sorry i am unable to answere your question re zone 2 as i am not using that feature.

rgds-mark

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

I imagine that Rotel doesn't utilize the digital inputs for zone 2 because of the cost and horsepower associated with having to convert every digital input to analog in case you wanted to send it to zone 2. Add in having to send a DD/DTS signal out the 5.1 outputs AND convert it to a two channel analog signal at the same time probably isn't possible with the chip they use. Most everything with a digital output also has analog outputs. Everyone just runs an extra set of analog RCA's over with their digital cable. Since it's just zone 2 you can usually get away with cheaper cables.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"