Advice RMB-1066 Music and HT

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dhanames
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 1

    #1

    Advice RMB-1066 Music and HT

    I currently own a NAD c350 paired with B&W 602S3 speakers. I am creating a Home Theatre setup and would like advice on the RMB-1066 multi-channel amp. I have no experience with Rotel equipment so your help is much appreciated.

    1. How will it compare to my NAD c350 for music sound quality?

    2. How well does the RMB1066 match the B&W 603S3 speakers?

    3. Will the RMB-1066 give me enough power for future B&W speaker upgrades?

    4. What is the reliability record of the RMB-1066?

    5. Any suggestions on an entry level HT preamp that works well with this amp?

    Thank-you.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002
    • 4601

    #2
    The RMB-1066 is designed for multiroom audio applications. While it can be used for theater and main music, I wouldn't. I would step up to 1075.

    Kevin D.

    Comment

    Related Topics

    Collapse

    • sdl2112
      Music server setup help
      by sdl2112
      I posted this also over at Computer Audiophile...now Audiophile Style, looking for advice.

      This will in all likelyhood be my first dive into the digital music server/streamer/storage world...so bare with me. Some things are not so obvious to me.

      First what I have and what...
      26 January 2019, 15:50 Saturday
    • Tbaker
      Rotel Equipment Advice for new Theatre Room
      by Tbaker
      I'm a newbee here and this is my first post. Since I am primary considering Rotel gear, I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

      I need some advice for you professionals / experts out there. I’m in a bit of a jam. Not that I need to rush this but my theatre is being installed...
      16 January 2006, 13:44 Monday
    • george_k
      603S3's what to expect by adding a poweramp?
      by george_k
      I have a pair of 603S3's being driven by a NAD T742 (50watt x 5) receiver. I'm considering adding a seperate power amp (either a rotel or NAD) how will this affect the sound if at all?

      Thanks
      11 January 2005, 17:31 Tuesday
    • princeoliver
      RMB1066
      by princeoliver
      Does anyone know how the RMB1066 when BRIDGED will be compared to the 985 mkII? I am thinking of using this amp in this mode to power my L/R/C. Will it be a step down from the 985 mkII? I currently use the 985 to bi-amp my front L and R channels. The Centre is bi-amp between my RSX972 and 985. The rears...
      09 August 2003, 07:31 Saturday
    • javis
      Advice needed!
      by javis
      Greetings to all,
      My System!
      NAD T762 Surround Receiver
      NAD C541i CD player
      JVC XV-N5SL DVD
      Dali Suite 3.5 main fronts – Bi Wire rear terminals.
      Jensen SPX19 twin 10" sub – (Will replace soon with Velodyne SPL-1200)
      Jensen SPX 5 rears.
      ...
      18 July 2004, 22:09 Sunday
    • Loading...
    • No more items.
    Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"