X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calbfer99
    • Nov 2003

RDV-1060 DVD-R SUPPORT

HELLO,

I HAVE JUST PURCHASED NEW ROTEL SEPERATES. I AM TRYING TO PLAY MY HOME VIDEOS RECORDED ON DVD-R DISKS AND I AM HAVING SOME PROBLEMS. I FOUND IN THE MANUAL THAT IT SUPPORTS DVD-R AND +R FORMATS. I HAVE A LITEON DVD +R/-R 4X BURNER I AM USING MEMOREX 4X DVD-R CD'S.

WHEN PLAYING THE DVD-R CD IT WILL FREEZE OR SOMETIMES STUDDER. I TRIED RECREATING THE CD AND IT SEEMED TO WORK FINE, BUT THE NEXT DAY I TRIED AND IT STARTED STUDDERING. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL THINGS BUT THE PROBLEMS SEEM CONSISTANT.

HAS ANYONE TRIED PLAYING DVD-R OR +R CD'S? IS THEIR A SPECIFIC BRAND THAT WORKS BETTER OR DOES THIS DVD PLAYER JUST NOT SUPPORT THEM VERY WELL?

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVISE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS
    CALBFER99
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Hi,

Please don't use caps, since thats considered shouting.

I assume you are just talking about DVD's and not CD's? There is no such thing as a DVD+R CD (CD's are limited to about 700 MB and DVD+R/DVD-R to somewhere in the range of 4 to 5 GB).

Maybe try burning at a lower speed, instead 4 speed try 2x speed. This sometimes helps. Try a different brand of recordable. Also did you test your dvd's in your PC's DVD-Rom player? Does it work correct there?
    Do they work correct in other dvd players?

Comment

• calbfer99
      • Nov 2003

Sorry I'm not yelling caps were just on.
      DVD playes fine in both me DVDplayerd on my PC's.
      I don't have another DVD player to try.
      If I burn at 2x or 1x no difference. I tried an different brand DVD and DVD+RW. I played a movie then Rewrote over it with a different movie and now the DVD just kicks it out, wont even play anything. tried redoing it. completely erased the disk and same problem.

Has anyone played DVD-+R/RW at all??????
      Can anyone help?

Thanks
      calbfer99

Comment

• Trash
        • Sep 2003

Cal,

I did try both a DVD+R and a DVD+RW in the RDV-1060. To my surprise the +RW disk worked whereas the +R did not. This was just the opposite of what I expected since the +RW format has a lower reflectivity.

I must caveat that I only tested the disk until it booted up, the menu displayed, and then selected a chapter. Once it began playing I quit the test. The +R wasn't recognized at all. These were all home movies I authored from mini DV with Adobe Premiere and Sonic My DVD software.

Both test disks were Memorex brand. I've got some HP brand but haven't tried them yet.

BTW the burner was an HP DVD200i. Not sure what speed they were created at but the disks were only capable of 2x speed, so no more than that.

I know this is limited info, but hope it helps. I have tried other brand DVD players, let me know if you want that info.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"