X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csuzor
    • Nov 2004

copy CDs to CD-R for better quality?

The linked site explains why making copies of purchased CDs onto CD-R increases the sound quality for most albums, and how to do it correctly.
    Very interesting, I am prepared to try it on a few albums...

Anyone else have tried this / use this advice / use EAC software?

Christophe

from http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/eac/eac.html
    For music lovers like us, it is sufficient to have access to a program that can extract data from CDs in such a way as to 'overlook' all manner of distortions caused by either flaws during the CD manufacturing process or from prior use like scratches and to create perfect copies to our computer's hard drive

Do not expect all CD copies to be better than the original. Only those originals that are mechanically challenged in one way or another are improved. Sublime CDs are just copied in all their original glory and unchanged as they are. However, in most cases, a copied CD sounds better than the original even if it is only true for certain tracks. A freshly burned CD-R has often far better articulated pits than a pressed one. Just like with vinyl pressings, the stampers wear out and the record company is not always willing or finacially able to replace them every x-number of CDs. Worse, many times CDs are re-issued using old worn stampers. Freshly cut CDs nearly always contain less jitter than mass-duplicated commercial versions
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

I would say its a good article for knowledge but the product is still under BETA and is meant for only who wish to experiment and are willing for the risk.
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

EAC is very reliable and has been around for years. Highly recommended

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"