X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • razzbo56
    • Jan 2006

Need help with house audio system

I currently have a RSX-1055 receiver that I want to use to drive my Dynaudio audience speaker home theater system(5-1) and also drive three rooms of ceiling speakers.How will I set this up and will I need the Rotel RMB -1066 amp to help? I am new to the whole home audio thing so I am not sure how or what material I will need .I know I will need seperate volume controls for each room,but do they need to be impedence matched ? How will I hook this up ??
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You could do it without an additional amp, but I wouldn't recommend it...

If you use the 1066 to connect all three pairs to individual amp channels (60w to each speaker) then you only need regular volume controls. Only if you went with a 2 channel amp (X watts to three speakers) you would need impedance matching volume controls (or regular ones with a speaker switcher).

Either way you basically run the speakers to the volume controls, run the volume controls to the amp(s), then run RCA's from the amp to ZONE 2 out of the 1055. Zone 2 out has it's own source selection and overall volume. Keep in mind that any source you want to hear on Zone 2 requires ANALOG audio connections. So if your DVD is only hooked up with a single digital cable, you will need to run a pair of analog RCA's as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"