Martin Logan Vantage with Rotel RB1080/1090?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey_V
    • Jul 2005

Martin Logan Vantage with Rotel RB1080/1090?

Not exactly a Rotel question, but I do have Rotels and I plan on moving up to the RB1080/90 sometime this year (towards the end perhaps) and I would like to know which of the following speakers would you guys choose if you were in my shoes.

I've saved up my summer job cash and have $4500-$5000 to spend. I am pretty set on the Martin Logan Vantage (should buy my pair this week), however, as a last minute thing, I would like to hear what YOU guys would pick if you had my budget.

Now, lets not get too nitpicky and criticize my gear (my electronics will grow into the speaker once I graduate from med school - 2 years).... just choose a pair that you like.

Here's the link to the thread that I started:

Thanks my Rotel buddies! :T
    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

If you really like the Martin Logans I say go for them. You really can't go wrong with Logans. personally I like em alot 2. There subs are awesome as well.

Powered by Rotel should be fine and sound good.

Dan

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

I have ML SL3s as mains in my system and I love them. If you like the sound of the Logans and can afford them, by all means go for them. They should sound great with the Rotel gear you're considering.

There are a lot of B&W fans on here too. I haven't heard them personally though, yet.

Comment

• shadow
        • Dec 2003

I have Logans and a Rotel 1080. Have not seen anyone on this forum that had Rotel and Martin Logan. What is a reasonably priced and great sounding speaker cable with this combo?
        Last edited by shadow; 08 January 2006, 08:27 Sunday.

Comment

• cfrahme52
          • Aug 2005

I've been running my M-L Aerius with the RC1090/RCD1072/RB1080 for almost two years, for stereo listening. Been very pleased with the sound. Rotel & M-L seem to work well together, IMHO. (Also been using Nordost Solar Winds throughout my system, too.)

Comment

• shadow
            • Dec 2003

Thanks, enjoyed your input. Not had the opportunity to hear the Nordost cables since I have no local dealers.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"