X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolltide1757
    • Nov 2005

Into movies...Arcam/Martin Logans???

Hello everyone,

This is my first posting and enjoy this site tremendously. I have learned a lot and appreciate the help and hints by reading the responses. I thought I would try to get some insight on a ask a question I have.

I went my local dealer in the hopes of upgrading my system to "nicer" equipment. I am REALLY into DVD's, movies, etc. So much so that I already have the TV for them. But I'm lacking a little in the reciever and speaker department when it comes to the ability to fully enjoy the movies.

So, I was considering the Arcam AVR 250 ($1599/pr...before we talk a better price). When it comes to speakers I was considering Martin Logan's Montage ($1495/per...before we talk a better price) for my two fronts. I'm considering the receiver and speakers because they are in my price range and I was told by the dealer that they are going to work very well for movie buffs and are good movie quality equipment.

My question is if anyone is aware of any possibe componet(s) and speakers in that price range that may better suited for movie buff's like myself. I'm aware that speakers are a, "sit down and listen to decide what you like", kind of thing. But I'm just trying to get a feel if Martin Logan's are even in the ball park for speakers that a considered as a good "movie-watching" speaker. Same question applies when it comes to Arcam receiver.

Any insight or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Roll Tide!
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Mr. Tide, unless you wish to be called detergent for short, please sign a first name to your posts, as required here. We do require a signed post for people without something to be called in their usernames....

I'd suggest talking to one of our two sponsors at the bottom and top of this page for suggestions as well.

thanks
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Rolltide1757
      • Nov 2005

Detergent...that's very funny Lex, you must be a Vols fan.

Like I mentioned, this is my first posting on the forum and I didn't know what protocol was required on the site! Thanks for the heads up...but I'll check elsewhere.

Regards,
      TONY

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Well Tony, feel free to check elsewhere, it is after all your choice. First posting or not, I just personally refuse to call someone rolltide, or rollcaines, or any other college acronym for short, yes even govols, and the rules are clearly stated, if you don't have a name in your username to be called by, it is required that you sign each post with a name to be called by. You did sign and agree to those rules upon entry to our forum.

So, no offense was intended by my joke, but we do have rules here, even if you may think them mundane or unecessary, we feel they are necessary, so if you choose to participate here, you just gots to follow the name rule.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"