how to use more pseakers with the Bose Acoustimass 10-III for 7.1 with a Rotel reciver?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adb
    • Dec 2003

how to use more pseakers with the Bose Acoustimass 10-III for 7.1 with a Rotel reciver?

Hello,

Does somebody know how to use more (for 7.1 instead of 5.1) Bose Acoustimass 10-III speakers with a Rotel receiver of a processor with a good Rotel amplifier?

Need your advise.

regards,

AdB, Holland
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome adb and happy holidays!

Well if you're using the Rotel RSX-1055 receiver you would have to purchase a 2-channel amp to either power your mains or the rear channels. The 1055 has the capability to re-route power from the mains to the rear channels when you're using a seperate amp for the mains. I would reccommend a RB-1070 or RB-1080 either of which will allow for better stereo performance from your main speakers. Is it the 1055 that you have or the 1065? If you have one of Rotel's processors (?) you would require both a 5-channel and seperate 2-channel amp for 7.1. I think Rotel's thinking behind this (and I agree) is that you'll get better performance by using two seperate amps with their own power supplies than one 7-channel amp sharing a power supply. Especially for stereo listening when using a larger 2-channel amp on your mains.

Hope that was the info you were looking for... :?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"