X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armond
    • Dec 2005

RSX-1055 and Vandersteen 2C

Is this is good match? Would I have enough power to run these huge speakers?
  • JFugazzi
    • Jun 2005

Vandersteens

The recommended power for the Vandersteens is 40 - 140 watts at 8 ohms.
    The RSX-1055 puts out 75 watts per channel so you should be ok. I'm running mine with an Adcom GFA555 at 200 wpc with and RC-1070 preamp and the volume knob rarely goes past the 9:00 position.

Are you planning to use the Vandersteens for home theatre? I had mine hooked up for home theatre use at one time and ended up blowing the
    rear firing bass driver twice on movie sound effects so I only use the
    Vandersteens in my 2 channel setup now. I've had mine for about 10
    years and i'm still happy with them.

Joe Fugazzi

Comment

• Armond
      • Dec 2005

Thanks Joe, Man what sound! I'm glad I bought it....nothing like old school speakers.

Comment

• philly boy
        • Jul 2005

Your 1055 should handle the Vandersteens but do not try to play them at ear splitting, block party loudness. Clipping can occur if you try to push the amp to hard to reach those sound levels. Just keep it in reasonable listening levels and it shoud do fine. Enjoy.---Philip

Comment

• Armond
          • Dec 2005

Thanks Philip, I will get a 2 channel amp to power these steens up down the road. Any brand suggestions?

Comment

• Marcel B
            • Nov 2004

well, I've heard something about a brand called Rotel

Marcel B

Comment

• philly boy
              • Jul 2005

Armond, I use Rotel's RB1070 to drive the Vandersteen 3A Signatures. Rotel amps are very musical and a great bang for the buck. My next upgrade will be to add a powered subwoofer. This will relieve the amp from having to power the low frequencies and that should allow the mids and highs to sound even better. I do think you will be very pleased with the Rotel/Vandersteen combination.---Philip

Comment

• Armond
                • Dec 2005

Thanks Philip, I'm sure the Rotel amp would sound great but I read that it may not be a good match. Either a Bryson or even an NAD would be better. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"