X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astravitz
    • Jan 2005

Is the RSX-1065 compatible with Vandersteen 2Wq

I'm a bit confused on the technical hook up the Vandersteen 2Wq to a Rotel RSX-1065. It seems they do some sort of preamp off load to change the crossover and then back into the integrated amp. The repsonse I got for Vandersteen was:

THE 2WQ CAN ONLY BE USED WITH INTEGRATED AMPLIFIERS THAT HAVE "PRE OUT" "MAIN IN" JACKS ON THE REAR OF THE UNIT, THIS IS WERE YOU INSTALL THE WX-2 OR X-2 HIGH PASS X-OVER. DO NOT USE THE 2W OR 2WQ WITH OUT A HIGH PASS OR EXPENSIVE DAMAGE TO THE SUB WILL OCCUR.

Can anybody help with this question, can it be accomplished?

Please help? Has anybody ever done this?
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

Nice sub! Its been so long since I have heard one, I am sure I have forgotten how good it sounds. Very musical indeed. I unfortunately dont remember enough to help you, but it sounds like they are very strict regarding the use of their crossover. The 1065 doesnt allow to do it the way they want you to. Unless you get an outboard amplifier for your main speakers, you may be out of luck. I think it would be worth it for you to pick up a new main amp and use that sub. Or just give it to me.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"