X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BleakShore
    • Oct 2003

1055 HD drop out prob with 50ft cable

I am experiencing two problems:

1. I am using a 50ft component-to-vga cable to drive Infocus X1 projector. I get occasional sync loss and no picture. This is getting rather frequent now.

2. When I used Y splitters to drive my HD TV and the projector (I know, this is probably not a very good thing to do) I don't get any pictures at all on either.

Is this normal, you think? I was half expecting #1 would work without a problem, and #2 would work fairly well.

Any insights would be appreciated.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

What kind of cable are you using? Be as exact as you can if you know the brand and model number etc. It could be that you need a true HDTV capable cable

Comment

• Eiffel
      • Aug 2003

I don't have experience with very long VGA/YPbPr cables, but quality/cable construction may play a role. One thing you could do is try a shorter cable and see if the problem persists.

Y-cables should be avoided... they will cause your system to operate out of spec (the 75 Ohm termination becomes 37.5 Ohms...).

You should look into distribution amplifiers/signal splitters (I used a Kramer Tools VP-222 -~$100- for this function. It worked great on my Sony PJ and LCD monitor).

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"