X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mfishmike
    • Mar 2004

Looking for a Rotel 1065 tech for a sub pre-out question

I've got the Rotel 1065 receiver/amp and it comes with two sub pre-outs. The manual tells me they are RCA 1.2v (or close), out to the subwoofer amplifier.

The picture in my "avatar" to the left is my latest DIY subwoofer project. It has two active drivers and 4 passive radiators, and I'm driving each of the woofers with a separate amplifier.

I am using two of the QSC 1450 amps, each bridged mono to 1400 watts. I used the RCA sub #1 output from the Rotel to the first barrier strip (high impedance) input of the top amplifier and mono'd the input switches and bridged the outputs. I then jumpered the second amplifier from the first amplifier inputs.

The first amplifier seems to run warmer and the indicater lights tend to lite up slightly higher than the second amp down the daisy chain link. Am I taking away voltage from the first amp (and second amp) by sharing the 1.2v signal with the second amp?

My question would be about the second sub pre-out on the Rotel receiver. Is it set up for stereo subs, or would I gain a little more input to each amp by using the second sub out to the second amplifier, giving each amp their own input from the Rotel?

I can't have a delay or stereo effect with my application because both amps have to drive two subwoofer drivers in the same cabinet at the same time, and need them all to work together as one unit with the passive radiators.

Any qualified advice would be appreciated!!
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike Cason
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I know the sub outs are the same. They should be designed to drive separate circuits so perhaps running a separate wire to each amp will work better.

You will lose some signal splitting it, but unless the chain output does something to the signal both should have equal 'loss'. There might be slightly different input gain settings internal to the amps??

Kevin D.

Comment

• mfishmike
      • Mar 2004

Seems like too much is never enough for the audio nuts?

Thanks Kevin

Comment

• mfishmike
        • Mar 2004

Re-wired

Kevin,

I rewired each amp to it's own subwoofer RCA pre-out and they both seem to be running the same temp now. Both amp's fans were as the same speeds when the concert I was watching was over. I watched the John Mayer Trio last evening at a nice volume and the bass seems to be a bit cleaner now too. That could be to the higher input signal to each amp.

Thanks for your sub input/output? ;x(

Mike Cason
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"