X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armond
    • Dec 2005

RSX-1055 hookup question

I'm trying to run my cable box via component video/audio cables through the 1055. I figured out the video part but where does the audio part go? I'm sure it's very simple but I can't and not sure where to hook it up to. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm sure there is a simple solution. Thanks. Armond
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Armond,

Welcome to the Guide, don't worry about asking your question, we try to help each other.

You really want to run your audio cable to the digital input (optical/coaxial) or analog of the corresponding component (like video 1, video 2, etc.). Then proceed to the menu and set up your video and audio, via the Input menu.

Try this if you have problems:

Connecting your Home Theater

If all else fails, read the manual located here:

Rotel 1055 manual

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Armond
      • Dec 2005

Thanks for the link. Now it seems the corresponding inputs are not responding as they should. When I press CD nothing happens but if I hit video 4 the sound comes out......aaaaaaayyyyy. Same for the T.V and DVD. I think I'll ask the local Rotel guys to come by and help me with this.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

If you are hooking up digital connections, you must assign what digital connection you want associated with what input. Do this through the INPUT menu, option INPUT. Change it through to you get to the right OPTICAL or COAXIAL or ANALOG input. Do this for each source and you should be set.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Armond
          • Dec 2005

Thanks again Kevin.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"