X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomm
    • Oct 2005

bi-amping with 1075

hi
    thought i would take some advice that i received in one of my threads recently and try this. could someone please expain the exact procedure to me so i don't blow something up? my speakers have two lots of connectors for bi-amping. i will keep my centre connected and if it goes well, i will buy an rb1070 for the rears.
  • csuzor
    • Nov 2004

Yes, do it. Well worth the effort. The 1070 is a good solution for the surrounds, but if other speakers can be bi-amped too, like mine, I'd recommend a 2nd 1075.

My connection strategy wont work for you, though. I connected the stereo outs from the sacd player into 1068 CB1 and CB2, and 1068 CB1 and CB2 out into 1075 sR and sL. But that won't work if you are decoding DD or DTS on the 1068, or if you don't have a mch sacd player. For me, though, the advantage was that I don't have to buy a splitter cable, because I don't use decoding on the 1068 (decoding CD music on 1068 is not great, a good CD player is so much better).

For you, I would recommend buying an analog splitter cable, and connecting 1068 R/L to 1075 R+sR/L+sL. The 1068 also has 2 center outs, so no split is required to bi-amp the center channel.

If you are not convinced to buy a good splitter cable yet, try connecting 1075 sR and sL directly to L/R speaker 2nd binding posts, and set the 1075 to 5-ch stereo. You'll be able to try bi-amping on stereo source at no cost.

Don't forget to remove the jumper between the speaker binding posts, or you could destroy the 1075.

Comment

• tomm
      • Oct 2005

ok thanks. i'll give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"