X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dinnu
    • Oct 2005

RB-1080 sent in for surgery

Just wanted to share with you guys that Rotel has agreed to do the Resistor/Cap modification to my RB1080 for the fuse blowing issue even though it is not under warranty (I bought it used). Thanks to you guys for advising me to contact Rotel.

I already shipped it and hope to get it back by the end of the month.
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

I think you are doing the right thing, I had problem after problem with the left channel fuse failure but after the fix I haven't had a problem since.

Good to see that Rotel are offering the modification outside the warranty period.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

I'm glad that Rotel is doing the right thing by you.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• dinnu
        • Oct 2005

Jerry,

I appreciate you telling me to contact Rotel to get it fixed. I was actually surprised that how easy it was to get the repair authorization. When I told Andrew that it was not under warranty b'cos I bought it used, all he said was "ship it to us we will fix it for you".

Another twist to the story, UPS returned the package to me... I don't know why. When tracking info says "Shipping information recieved...". I contacted the UPS store guy and he says "no, you don't have the package" :M .

Comment

• Mitchell
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by dinnu
          Another twist to the story, UPS returned the package to me... I don't know why. When tracking info says "Shipping information recieved...". I contacted the UPS store guy and he says "no, you don't have the package" :M .
          I guess we should all remember to pay for extra insurance when using UPS.
          If lost or damaged it could be a disaster. UPS would pay only the minimum ($100 I believe) unless extra insurance is purchased.
          Mitchell

Comment

• dinnu
            • Oct 2005

update

Finally UPS acknowledged that they screwed up... and asked me to drop it off again. He says it will be shipped for free (no extra charge)... FOR FREE :M ? I paid 50 freaking bucks for it to be shipped... and he has got the nerve to tell me that I will not be charged again :M

Comment

• DrJRapp
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2003

Finally UPS acknowledged that they screwed up... and asked me to drop it off again. He says it will be shipped for free (no extra charge)... FOR FREE :M ? I paid 50 freaking bucks for it to be shipped... and he has got the nerve to tell me that I will not be charged again :M
              They sould refund your original shipping AND ship it for free. I would insist. Remind them that it is a time sensitive item essential to your health and mental well being (It is, isn't it!!!!!...LOL).
              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Eliav
                • Jul 2005

Just out of curiosity, How much would a fully insured shipment cost ( for the 1095), I have heard at least three different horror stories about UPS damaging speakers and other HiFi gear, I think nothing less than full coverage is worth shipping with these guys.
                Eliav
                :T Socrat

Comment

• rockbobmel
                  • Dec 2005

I had the same experience. The customer service is STELLAR!! and they have gone way above the expected for me. It gives me great comfort to know that if something goes wrong with any of my Rotel stuff, I have no reservations sending it out. I have had a few things fixed/replaced that were out of warranty. RSP-985= sent me a new chip/did not work, sent it back, replaced with a new B stock for peanuts!!, RB-976 sent back for channel out/ fuse replaced N/C, free shipping. 1 week-10 day turnaround. They are in N.Reading MA, and I'm in Greenfield. It gets to them in overnight with standard delivery.
                  Bob M.- Visit! http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepjij3/

Rotel RSP-1098
                  Rotel RB 1080
                  Rotel RB 976
                  Arcam CD192
                  Arcam DV89
                  Arcam P-25
                  Panasonic DMP BD55
                  Samsung HD 42 Plasma
                  Klipsch RF-7s Dean Xovers
                  Klipsch RC-7 x 2 Dean Xovers
                  Klipsch RS-62s
                  Klipsch RSW-15
                  Velodyne ULD-15

Comment

• dinnu
                    • Oct 2005

Eliav,

It depends on what you are shipping and where to. My RB-1080 weighed about 44lbs fully packed. It cost me a little less than $50 to ship it to MA from Houston,TX with $1000 insurance ($39.00 shipping cost and about $10 insurance cost).

Comment

• Eliav
                      • Jul 2005

Thanks Dinnu.
                      :T Socrat

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"