X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmcgowan
    • Sep 2003

1098 / PS3 - what am I getting wrong??

Simple but frustrating problem. I am running PS3 --> Integra DTR6.8 --> 1098 Multichannel inputs to try and get to the HD sound formats.

My problem is incredibly low volume. I need to have the Integra at close to maximum volume and the 1098 at >80 on the volume scale to get reasonable sound. FWIW I usually listen to DVDs in the low to mid 60s and the PS3 via optical in the mid to high 60s. On the one hand it's just a number, but I don't like the idea of changing channel and forgetting to adjust volume down,etc.

Tried both 1098 and 6.8 manuals and can't see any obvious misses on my part - any hints or tips guys?

Cheers,

Darren
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The Integra should be at max volume. Max reference volume, not overdriven volume. Not sure how it displays, but like a Yamaha max volume is 0.0, but it could go to 16.5+

Are games low volume too? I've found that movies through HDMI on the PS3 are a LOT lower in volume then the games.

Kevin D.

Comment

• dmcgowan
      • Sep 2003

Thanks Kevin,

I ended up watching the movie (American Gangster) at max volume - don't think the Integra has an "overdrive" volume? Sound in movie was louder than just being in the XMB whilst loading the game though. Guess it is fine.

Don't know if it would be the same in the DVD soundtrack but my wife and I were blown away by the level of detail in the sound. In the busier scenes, the sound from further away was very clear and overall the soundtrack was much more "complex" than any DVD I can recall. Happy with the experiment...!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"