X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lthsell100
    • Dec 2003

1066/1098 audio click

In reference to an earlier post, I have read nothing about any audible pops or clicks thru the speakers when detecting a DD bitstream with the 1066, but I have with the 1098. I have a Ref. 50 and am thinking of trading it in. Only pops annoyingly when detecting a DD signal on my Tivo and sometimes drops out the sound all together and I have to change channels and go back. The internal contacts are very noisey compared to the Rotels. Any truth to this? Help me make the right choice.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Rotels also use mechanical switches which sound better then electronic but make a click sound when engaging. As for pops I very rarely hear any with my 1098 but now that the humidity has dropped I do hear the odd one every now and then...though its quite rare.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"