X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

RSP-1098 Circuit Boards

Does anyone know if the slotted circuit boards found in the RSP-1098 are interchangeable with one another?
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Do you mean with an indentical one, or can you swap them around to your liking? If it's the second, I don't believe you can, but a call to Rotel would probably be in order. I'm not going to try it..

Kevin D.

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Do you mean with an indentical one, or can you swap them around to your liking? If it's the second, I don't believe you can, but a call to Rotel would probably be in order. I'm not going to try it..

Kevin D.
      LOL, your latter assumption is the correct one. I'll let you know what they say. Thanks

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Rebelman,

They aren't interchangable - the backplane has specific slots for them reflecting the type of signal (video, digital, analog etc) and they can't be interchanged. This has also made the ideas of upgrading specfic boars harder as they chassis is board specific. This was answered in an old thread by Rotel - who advised that they did the design modularly for ease of service but didn't think to go to the extra cost and sophistication of a universal backplane - maybe nextime!

Regards

Geoff

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

I suspected this to be the case but I wanted some assurance. Thanks Geoff, you just saved me a toll call.

Comment

• Fishy
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
            This was answered in an old thread by Rotel - who advised that they did the design modularly for ease of service but didn't think to go to the extra cost and sophistication of a universal backplane - maybe nextime!

Regards

Geoff
            And maybe nextime they will think about not making a modula design as they have not used it to its potential! I mean how could they tease us like that. :evil:

Fish

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"