X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

main->subwoofer crossover problem with 1068

OK, I am not sure what is going on with my system. But, it is weird.
    I was just running the AVIA calibration DVD, calibrating the speaker levels when I noticed something really weird: The mains, Center and Surrounds do not seem to have a high pass crossover working, even when they are set to small. In fact, When doing pink noise testing between any of the speakers and sub, the low frequencies (intended for sub) are coming out of the mains, centers and surrounds (respectively.) When running Warble tones to test crossover dips, all of the speakers run the full frequency response without crossing over to the sub.
    So, I figured that it was a problem with the 1068. I decided to run the test tones provided by the 1068 and all was fine. The sub worked independently.

I am using a digital coaxial cable from the DVD Player. This should be fine, right?

Any diagnostic test that I should run or common sense stuff that I may be overlooking?

I just wonder why the 1068 internal tests can separate the sub buut when using the DVD Player it is a big mess.

All input is welcome

Thanks
    STew
    Stew
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

The 1068 will allow you to have separate settings for each input, so it's possible that you don't have the 1068 set up the way you want it. I'd tell you how if I knew off hand how to do it. I always break out the manual and start reading because I can never remember.

Comment

• csuzor
      • Nov 2004

start from page 35 in the manual...

what is the cross-over frequency you have set?
      Are you using advanced speaker setup? check that all channels crossover at your intended frequency, and that all source types are set to small for each speaker.
      Subwoofer setup menu: make sure nothing is set to "Off".

The 1068 is very customisable, but can be complex. If in doubt, tell us what the Speaker Setup, Advanced Speaker Setup (for front, center, surround), and Subwoofer Setup screens have.

Comment

• stewfoo
        • Jul 2005

This 1068 is screwy. When I pause the AVIA disc and then push play it does not detect the dolby digital format. It seems that the only way to get it to identify the decoding format is to touch the unit after I have built up a significant static shock.... It is as if I am defibrilating it..lol Could this be the root cause?? Does static kill this units?

I just tried out the system in bypass mode and my 803s' have never sounded so good......

Does this all sound like a faulty unit????

By the way How can you calibrate speaker levels with a DVD program when there are crossovers involved? For instance, when the surround and sub are going through the tones the mains are playing some of the low frequencies.
        Isnt it better to just get a Processor that does this calibration internally like the lexicon mc12b??
        Stew
        Stew

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"