X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomm
    • Oct 2005

s1500 to rdv 1060?

hi
    hoping to get some opinions. i am not able to audition the rdv1060 dvd player. i currently have a yamaha s1500 which i find a little frustrating to use but it does the job nonetheless. i want to switch to a 1060 mainly for aesthetic reasons and wanted to know if anyone could tell me whether this will be a step up in video quality. the s1500 has the faruja(?) chip and is a dvd-a player. i know i will not get sacd with the rotel but maybe better quality dvd-a (not interested in 2 channel quality) and the rotel looks alot better. is it worth the step up? thanks.
    tom
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The 1060 has been discontinued, make sure your dealer has one before you worry too much about it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• tomm
      • Oct 2005

i have checked today and i can get one, also can pick up a 4 month old unit aswell.

i have a dedicated cd player and will only be using the player for dvd-a and moview, so is it worth the doe or will the 1050 do as good a job?
      Last edited by tomm; 21 November 2005, 03:42 Monday.

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

I just bought one and cant giv eyou to much feedback on the video side becuase I only use it to output 480i as I have an external video prosessor. I went from and older Denon and the CD playback is much better on the rotel. All the reviews I read also rated the DVD - A playback as very good.

Part of the reason I bought it was for looks, and it is the best looking DVD player in my opinion (next to Classe and B&O)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"