X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

EXT IN on the back of RDV 1060

Right now I have a Home Theater MX 600 remote the is working RF and I have all the little eyes at the end of the wires in front of the IR sensors on my equipment.

My dealer said that if I cut off the eye at the end of the wire and attach an 1/8 th inch adaptor so it will fit into the EXT IN on the back of the RDV 1060 then I should be able to control it...anyone try this or know what I'm talking about?

I tried it and it doesnt work.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

There's a couple of things here that could cause issues.

1) Instead of crimping on a jack, I would go and get a 1/8 mono to mono cable and just plug it in on both sides.
    2) If you want to test something else, IR has polarity. So swap the wires around.
    3) It might be set up for a high-level IR receiver input. If so, it's not going to work. IE, it's designed to be connected directly to an IR receiver, not a flasher output.

Just some things to try. In my system whatever I had to run IR that didn't have (or didn't have a compatible) 1/8th connector, I just opend the top and dropped the flasher near the eye.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

thanks for the reply. I will try a few things and let you know if I got it working.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"