X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomm
    • Oct 2005

Hot 1068!

hi
    i am getting concerned about the heat of my new 1068. you could literally fry an egg on the top of it and i am not sure if that is normal. it is much hooter than my 1075 amp or any other component in my rack. any help would be appreciated.
    tom
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's normal for the 1068 to get hot. It's doing a lot in a small space, and it's working at full tilt reguardless of how quiet you have the volume.

As a general rule, if you can put your hand on it and not have to immediately remove it it's fine. If it's literally too hot to touch, you may have some ventilation issues. Where is it in your rack and how much room does it have?

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Comment

• tomm
      • Oct 2005

well it is well ventilated, i have an open rack. i don't have to remove my hand straight away, it's not that hot. i guess from your description it is fairly normal then. thanks.

Comment

• tonych31
        • Sep 2004

It happened to my 1068 too. But somebody told me to switch off Zone 2 which I did accidentally press from the remote without knowing it and it fix the problem.

Comment

• fivepack
          • Aug 2004

Exactly, had it myself too. Sounds like an inactive zone2 option. Just de-activate the zone2 and your 1068 won't be getting that hot anymore

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"