X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg K
    • Jul 2003

I think my RVD 1060 just died

:cry: Subject line pretty much says it all.Came home from the shop today,put in a DVD-A,has sound but no menu?? Tried a regular DVD,same thing has sound,but no picture.Checked the connections,it is set to NTSC,is only hooked up componant, and they were ok.Shut off
    progressive scan,now has picture,but color is way off.All the general set up menus are ok.I reset the prosessor the way the manual says,still no go.By having a picture of sorts in interlaced,shows that cables are pretty much OK......Looks to me like it died.......any other opinions?????
    I am real "BUMMED" :? ...Guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow and get the ball rolling to send it in.

Greg
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Bummer. :cry:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Sorry to hear about your DVD player issues. I'm sure your dealer will take care of you properly.

Comment

• Henk
        • Jun 2003

Greg, check the preferences box in the setup menu. There is a setting for "connections" (I'm not at my player right now but I think that's what its called). The RDV 1060 gives you two options: scart or component. Make dead sure that component is selected, since you're connected to the component outputs. Confirm the setting BEFORE loading any disk in the player. My RDV 1060 sometimes "switches" the setting from component to scart automatically and without reason, especially when I load a DVD-A disk. When this happens the colour disappears and you're left with no picture on the component outputs. Changing the setting back to component, reverts everything to normal again. Sometimes I find I have to remove the disk and switch off the player entirely to clear its memory of the scart setting, before resetting to component. Annoying, yes, but it solves the problem. (One of the reasons why I'm trading my 1060 for a Denon 2900 or 5900.)

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Greg K
          • Jul 2003

Thanks Henk,I just checked ,and that was it .That is kinda strange?I guess the player gets confused by some DVD-A"s??Thanks for the help

Crisis Over!!!!!!!!

Greg

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"