X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

7 channel upgrade

I know there's another thread about the RMB-1077, but its got rather long.
    So, nice and simple: its time to upgrade to 7 channel capability (its almost Christmas ), the big question is:

RMB-1075 and RB-1070/80
    -or-
    RMB-1077 ??

I have an RMB-1075, so its either add a stereo amp, or trade it for the 1077. What do you think?
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100
  • bartk
    • Feb 2005

I'd say, go for the 1070/80. I did the inverse, I bought an RMB-1075 (will pick it up today), for several reasons, first, it's 1000 € cheaper than the RMB-1077, and seccond, the dealer I got it from said that the digital amp still needed to prove itself, and for me personally, the 1075 looks much more impressive than the 1077.

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

That depends on your budget. I suspect adding the RB-1070 or the RB-1080 will win the day price wise. Even if you sold the RMB-1075 you'll still be out more on the RMB-1077. But if price is secondary to your decision, then it "seems" that the 1077 would do nicely. I haven't heard the 1077 (yet) so I would have to recommend either of the two former.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"