X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • servo
    • Nov 2003

RDV-1060 Layerjump

Greetings from germany !!

As a new member and a proud owner of my new Rotel gear ( RDV-1060 / RSP-1098 / RMB-1075 /RT-1080 ) I'm happy that I've found finally the "right" forum !!!

I'm just about to hook up my new equipment and like to ask all members who own the RDV-1060 about their experiences how the player works with the layer jump problems on DVD's .

Is it very noticable ?
    I'm kind of spoiled especially with that matter from my old player ( DENON DVD A 1 ) . On the A 1 I've never had experiences any Layerjump because fo the build in 4 MB Buffer.

All the Best

Thanks in advance

SERVO
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Guten tag Servo and welcome to the club Congratulations on the new gear!

I'm sure another fortunate owner of the 1060 will be along shortly but if you own it why don't you tell us if it has any layer change delays? Also, I'd love to hear your comments on the players general performance with music and video along with how your enjoying the rest of your gear.

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• aramb
      • Apr 2003

The layer jump is detectable on the RDV-1060, but it is minimal compared to other DVD players that I have had. My previous DVD player, a Sony, was pretty bad. When we upgraded to the RDV-1060 we were pleasantly surprised that some of the most objectionable layer jumps were nearly undetectable on the RDV-1060. Hope this helps.

Comment

• servo
        • Nov 2003

Thanks for the warm welcome

I hooked up my new equipment yesterday and tested it with 3 DVD 9 and barely could notice a layerjump problem . I will test during the next couple of days a "layerproblematic disc like "U-579" and let you guys know.

I'll state my experiences with my Rotel gear after a certain " break in " phase.
        I think that makes sense .

All the best from rainy germany

Servo

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by servo
          Thanks for the warm welcome
          You're welcome, glad to have ya here

Originally posted by servo
          I hooked up my new equipment yesterday and tested it with 3 DVD 9 and barely could notice a layerjump problem . I will test during the next couple of days a "layerproblematic disc like "U-579" and let you guys know.

I'll state my experiences with my Rotel gear after a certain " break in " phase.
          I think that makes sense .

All the best from rainy germany

Servo
          Can't wait to hear your thoughts (especially on the RDV-1060) after it's all had a chance to break in. I'm personally waiting for Rotel to come out with a "universal" player and hoepfully a HD-DVD player in the next couple years before I upgrade. (I know I've got a wait... :? ) What speakers are you running if you don't mind me asking?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

• servo
            • Nov 2003

Hi Jason,

I'm running the systen with PIEGA Speakers ( I don't know if you know that Swiss brand ).

I use 2 pairs of identical speakers for front and rear ( PIEGA 4XL MkII )

The center is also a PIEGA ( 4 C Mk II )

Also the sub is a PIEGA ( P Sub 1 )

If you're interested, here is the link : http://www.piega.ch

Cheers

Servo

Comment

• Ludwig Van Beethoven
              • Oct 2003

Hallo meinen freund Wilkommen auf Club Rotel, Was ist los? Mein name ist Ludwig, was ist deine name?

Vielen danke,

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Oooh Piega's :P I've read some very nice reviews on those Ribbon drivers correct? Are they new as well? I'd love to hear your thoughts on those too, I'm always interested in hearing about speakers that are on the rare side over here. Once all you gear's broken it would be nice to know how they mesh with the Rotels.

Jason

Jason

Comment

• servo
                  • Nov 2003

Hi Jason, Hi Ludwig van...;-)

First of all, Ludwig : Hey ....your "german is better than my english...!!! Greetings to Texas !!! :LOL:

Jason, the Piegas sound just gorgeous on the Rotel !!! Just checked some old stuff like "Singers Unlimited" and a "John Barry Score-Dances with wolves -" .. it sounds like you can hear each instrument "breathing"..
                  The 1060 is really good on CD's .

Beautiful !!!

Later on I'll try some stuff from the Indiana Jones DVD Trilogy ( just came out in germany )

The Piegas are 3 months old and just broken in. Well,...everybody has a different taste but I never will go for any other speakers again ( and I tried a lot ( B&W Nautilus 803/Infinitys/ELAC'`s/....)

Just for the record ...I sold my DENON DVD A 1 Player and my DENON AVC A 1 SR Amp in favour of my new ROTEL stuff and up until now I do not regret it.

I'll keep you guys updated as soon as my blood pressure is back to normal again ! Wow....the Rotel 1098 is really breathtaking !!!

All the Best

Servo

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"