X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • esalaws
    • Mar 2005

New Rotel gear - RMB-1095 vs. 2 x RP-1080

I am new to this forum. On Firday I picked up my first Rotel gear, consisting of RSP-1098, RB-1090 and - it should have been RMB-1095 - but since my dealer was out of stock, I ended up with 2 x RB-1080 instead (which I of course can return when they'l get the 1095 back in stock).

I am a little in doubt. I don't-not at time being-need the 7 channels, since I am running 5.1 (have never succeeded with 7.1 set-up). But one never know.

My question is therefore if anybody out there have had the possibilty to make comparsions between the 1095 and 2 x 1080's? Even with similare watts, do the pruduce similare sound quality? Any other differences?

Thank you in advance for your advices.

Eskild A.
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

I'm very intrested in this.

I say see if your dealer will allow you to do it in your home. That would be sweet.

Personally I'm going 1095 over the 1075. 5 channel 1095 is alittle weaker in the dampening factor. Dynamic range gotta be different as well. The 1080 must have better dynamics. When Comparing the 1070 to the 1075 , it's a big difference. I assume it will be the same here.

mantis

Comment

• hired goon
      • Aug 2004

G'day,

Check out this thread, where I asked about using a 1095, or 3 x 1080. Some comparsions were made of the relative performance of the 1095 vs the 1080, such as in imaging, etc.

--Geoff

Comment

• esalaws
        • Mar 2005

1090 + 1095 vs 2 x 1080

Well, after some listening; I really preferr the 2 x 1080's compared to the 1095 (I'm not dependent of 7.1. I manage very well with 5.1). The 1080's as they sound to me, are; more clean and powerfull in all ranges.
        However, my setup is: JBL Ti10K front L & R. TiCenter, Ti2K in the back L & R.
        Sub: 2 x Velodyne 10' DD.
        Projector: Marantz VP 12-S3
        Screen: Stewart 100' (4 x 3 ') (Enough to look at 16 x 9' in size big enough).
        Cables: A lot of them, and expensive too; - not so interesting as the other gears.

Eskild A.

Comment

• Joseki
          • Sep 2003

I have done this exact comparison. Paired with the 1090 and used primarily for surround/center duty, I think that the 1080's are better. These are 2-ch amps designed for music playback. You have two separate power supplies and each pair of channels is totally isolated from the others. In terms of sound quality, I prefer the 1095 slightly - but you would literally have to A-B them to be aware of any difference. The 1080 is a bit drier than the 1095. But you have to have a very critical ear to hear it.

You can't go wrong either way, but I think that the dual 1080's is the better choice.

Just my .02

David

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"