X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raphie
    • Nov 2004

RB-1080 or Classe CA-201

That's the question, i am replacing my RB-1070 (now playing back surround)
    The RMB-1095 will move to center and surrounds & backsurrounds freeing up the L & R main channels for a stereo amp. When you have the opportunity to buy either for the same budget (RB-1080 new, or CA-210 2nd hand but in MINT condition)

Your oppinions please for improved 2 CH stereo as wel as your thoughs on intergration with the RNB-1095 (yes know the 1080 is the closest match, but how far of is the CA-201?
  • DanR
    • Dec 2004

In my opinion the Classe CA-201 is hands down a better amp, but your ears are the only judge that matters. Classe makes a very, very nice product.
    :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• jlee
      • Aug 2004

I've tried the CAM-200 vs. the 1080 and clearly like the CAM-200... CAM-200 will have better pitch accuracy, no mid bass hump like the 1080, better bass extension (can be heard if you have a REL sub that first feeds through the CAM-200... the 1080 rolls off the lowest notes and therefore by the time the signal gets to the REL, a lot of it is missing!), and cleaner more extended highs. The CAM-200 is better than the 1080 in every way unless you like an artificial mid bass emphasis.

That beind said, I would think the CA-201 would have nearly identical characteristics to the CAM-200... I would go with the 201...

Sonically, for HT, it will integrate just fine... I use a 1080 for my rears and 3 CAM-200 for the front... down the road, you may want to get 1 CAM-200 for the center so all 3 fronts are more similar... and then use just 4 channels for the rear (it will be easier on your 1095 to use only 4 instead of all 5 channels).

Comment

• Raphie
        • Nov 2004

Thanks guys, gutfeel confirmed CA-201 it is then

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"