X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mig
    • Oct 2003

Video connections

Is there any advantage in connecting satelite receiver and DVD through Rotel RSP-1066 instead to connecting directly to TV?
    Thanks
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

The school of thought for this is if you have enough video connections on your television to cover your equipment (DVD, Sat, etc.), then you should connect it directly to your tv, it may provide better reception than running it through your 1066.

I run all my equipment through my 1098, because I utilize a projector, and there are simply no inputs provided, others do it for the convenience.

The best judge of this would be you, do a simple experiment and find what suits your taste.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

In theory at least, every connection has the possibility of degradation. So, the fewer the better from a purist standpoint. In reality, if a component (pre-pro) or receiver has "broadcast quality" video on board, there should be no real degredation as a result of the additional connection. The convenience of it is what makes most people tend to running through a pre-pro,plus as Azeke pointed out, those of us with projectors have little option besides using processor switching.

I don't know as to the quality of Rotel video, but I imagine if it will do HD, it should be just fine.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• mig
        • Oct 2003

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"