Need serious help with RSX-1057 Video Connections!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikos
    • Dec 2005

Need serious help with RSX-1057 Video Connections!!!

I finally got my 1057 after 2 monts wait...

but I can't use it

Can someone please give me specific button to button instructions to first set the output to HDMI and turn the component =yes feature "the manual says thats the only way I can get the OSD on the screen without using component...

Here is the problem I have...
    I only have a projector and a TV that has composite connectors.

I can't get anything to display through HDMI,Component or composite to the projector and can't get anything from composite to composite to the TV.

Is there a way that I can configure in the "other options"..progressive=YES screen of the OSD from the units screen itself?

I wish I had any monitor with component to set things up and then let it be.

What is odd is that I don't get any sound out of the optical connections when selecting any video output....but i do get sound when I connect it to coax.

If any takers try to help...please remember I have no screen on the OSD to know what I'm doing...so I'll need button to button instructions.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Nikos
    Last edited by nikos; 18 June 2006, 23:00 Sunday.
    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

None of that needs to be set to let the OSD come through the composite outputs. If your TV's only have composite inputs, there's no need to run any component or HDMI cables at all as the 1057 will not convert them to composite.

To get the composite output, make sure you connect the cable to the MONITOR OUTPUT, not the VIDEO 1-3 outputs. To get to the setup menu, make sure you hit the AUD button on the remote first, then hit the menu button.

As far as the audio, optical 1 & 2 default to inputs 4 & 5. You will need to get to the OSD to change them.

Kevin D.

Comment

• nikos
      • Dec 2005

Thanks Kevin!!!!

it was really late last night...and was a little bit in panic mode.

My projector is my main "TV" screen....so thats why the need for HDMI.
      I also have an old CRT that only has composite....
      What I did (with a clear mind) is just plug the yellow composite cable in to one of the component (BGR) and get atleast a screen to get to the OSD configure things.

So far I found that the 1057 will only send to the projector over HDMI only what is fed to it in HDMI.

Any component feed wont go over HDMI to the projector.... this is a HUGE bummer ...but I'll need to investigate a little further.

I need a component out ran to the projector...for my other sources and this is defeating the purpose of why I bought the 1057... if I cant figure it out..I'll be pissed I didnt get the 1068.

Thanks again,

Nikos
      Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

That is correct, the 1057 has an HDMI SWITCHER only. The only thing ever available on the HDMI output will be something connected to the HDMI inputs.

The dealer you ordered it from should have explained that to you. The 1057 is a 1056 with HDMI switcher. The 1058 will have conversion and scaling over to HDMI, but it won't be out until late this year or possibly 2007.

You will need to run everything composite to get them to display on your CRT tv, plus run component (and/or HDMI) cables to get the higher resolution sources out to your projector. Of course you will have to run both component and HDMI to the projector as well.

If the HDMI ports weren't explained right, definitely return it and get the 1068 if it's cheaper.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"