X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cooldmitriy
    • Oct 2005

Short power cord

I intalled Monster Power Center and now my Rotel 1056 power cord is short. Does Rotel offer free exchange for longer cords?
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Doubtful.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Cooldmitriy
      • Oct 2005

Why would they make power cords so short? :roll: It's all about the money.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

My Rotel cords range from 4.5' to 6'. That's actually more than most of my other equipment. How long is your cord? Even 4' should be plenty.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Cooldmitriy
          • Oct 2005

Kev,

my Rotel 1056 sits on the lower shelf and Monster Power Center on the top one. The distance between two is about 5 feet. My cord is only about 3 ft. long.
          May I use any long computer cable to replace the original Rotel cable. They seem to be compartable and both made in China.

Comment

• H.Donald
            • Aug 2004

There are any number of after market cables available in two meter lenths for around fifty of sixty bucks...

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

You can use any power cord as long as the ends are compatible. Three feet is a little short. My 1098 was one of the longer one's at about 5.5' I would say give Rotel a call and let them no your situation. Never know what they will say.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Cooldmitriy
                • Oct 2005

Kev,

I just called Rotel Tech Support and they refered me to my local RatShack. They said that I need IEC 16 gauge wire power cord. Any comments? ;x(

Comment

• Marlboroman
                  • Aug 2005

Yes. Rotel uses standard IEC cord. As long as the gauge and # of pins is the same you should be fine.

Comment

• Bostonears
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Cooldmitriy
                    Why would they make power cords so short? :roll: It's all about the money.
                    Personally, I find that most cords (power, interconnects, etc.) for my home theater equipment are far too LONG. My Pure AV power conditioner came with a 12 foot cord that was incredibly beefy. I only needed about three feet to get to the nearest outlet, and the extra cable was a major pain to find someplace to stuff it. So, I surgically shortened the cord to four feet, which works perfectly with a little length to spare.

I also remember years ago having a discussion with a high end audio retailer. I wanted extremely short interconnects, to go from one component to another that it was sitting directly on top of. The shortest the dealer had was three feet. I wanted cables about 9 inches long. He said, they wouldn't cost any less than three footers. I said, I don't care if they cost any less, I want short cables.

In general, I always want the shortest possible cables to get from Point A to Point B.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"